Saturday, September 3, 2011

...about this Sabbath


While sharing a special occasion with an incredible family this Sabbath morning after a week of work, traffic, more work, and more traffic, I was sitting in the sanctuary of a Synagogue with nothing but time to reflect.   What a peaceful, calming way to end a week; I loved who I was with, where I was at, & what I was doing.

The Rabbi spoke about many things, but one thing in particular stayed with me the whole day.   He said something about improving oneself, moving or advancing because to stay the same, or stagnant, is the same as falling behind.  Applicable in so many contexts, I chose to use that concept to help myself define goals that would help me improve as a person, to avoid becoming “stagnant,” or falling behind the person I want to be.

This evening, I heard about the passing of two people; both connected by community, schools, friends, & family, to name just a few.  I am so sad about these two women, contemporaries of mine, both so young. 

…So, I should not forget to continuously strive to advance myself as a person.  Life is fragile; each day must reflect the best of who I am.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment